“Click on question, and the answer will drop down.”
- What is Luggage Free?
Luggage Free is a full-service luggage shipping company. We eliminate the hassle of traveling with your luggage by providing door-to-door service almost anywhere in the world. You simply pack and contact us. We handle the rest.
- What is the advantage of paying for a luggage shipping service?
Dealing with luggage at the airport is an inconvenience for any traveler. Inspectors are able to hand check luggage and even break into locked bags. There have been recent reports of continual and increased failures by the airlines to deliver luggage on time. Luggage Free offers a luxurious, worry and hassle-free alternative.
- Who is Luggage Free designed for?
Luggage Free is designed for all travelers who wish to make their trip as hassle free as possible. We are perfect for people traveling to cruise ships, children going to camp or back to school, and anyone simply looking to take the headaches out of air travel.
- What’s the benefit of Luggage Free over other luggage shipping companies?
Simply put, luxury service. You’ll notice the difference right from the start. Luggage Free picks up at your home or office at the time you have requested. Our local agent wraps your baggage in our custom made packaging and prepares it for shipping. This is a marked departure from our competitors. W They make you label your own luggage, wait for up to five hours for a pick up, and send your shipment unprotected. With Luggage Free your bags are continually tracked. You receive a delivery confirmation by e-mail, phone or fax. When shipping luggage internationally, Luggage Free completes all customs documents on your behalf, and has a specialty team dedicated to quick clearance into any country we serve. Our competitors require you to complete confusing customs documentation yourself. With service to over 150 countries worldwide, Luggage Free offers the greatest service area of any company in the industry.
Baggage Shipping Pricing
- How much does excess luggage shipping service cost?
All shipments are weighed and then priced by the pound. Please see our pricing page for standard shipping costs. For special service, costs are determined on a case-by-case basis. To learn more contact one of our luggage shipping experts.
- How do I pay for Luggage shipping service?
We accept payment by credit card. When you book, we take your credit card information. After the shipment is complete, we use the weight report to calculate your final bill.
- How much is my luggage delivery insured for?
Luggage Free automatically covers each shipment for up to $1,000, with additional coverage available. Please view our terms and conditions page for a complete overview of our liability.
- How do those prices compare to other companies?
Luggage Free often costs less than other companies, while providing more services. Compare:
- Our ability to completely customize our service to fit your needs
- Our time sensitive retrieval of your items
- 24-hour customer service
- $1,000 of automatic insurance coverage
- Protective plastic packaging for your luggage available on most routes
- Our automatic baggage delivery notifications
We think you will agree, Luggage Free offers the greatest combination of product, price and service.
- How is it possible for Luggage Free to provide all these white glove services and still charge less than other baggage shipping companies?
Luggage Free is small enough to be flexible and accommodating to its clients, but large enough to receive bulk discounts from our partners, which drives down prices.
- Why am I not receiving the e-mails I expect from Luggage Free?
Luggage Free responds to all customer inquiries within one business day. We send personalized e-mail confirmations as well as delivery notifications. If you do not receive an e-mail from Luggage Free that you expected, please check your spam folder. If you’re not sure how to do this, contact your e-mail provider for instructions.
If the missing emails are not in your spam folder, please call Luggage Free at +212.453.1579 or toll-free at 800.361.6871for assistance.
- Earthlink users: If you are an Earthlink user, it is possible that EarthLink’s e-mail program has mistakenly classified Luggage Free e-mail as spam. Check your mailbox. EarthLink has a ‘suspect E-mail’ folder that stores such e-mails for 14 days.
- AOL users: If you an AOL user, it is possible that AOL’s e-mail program has mistakenly classified Luggage Free e-mail as spam. Check your mailbox. AOL has a ‘spam folder’ that you can access from the ‘Manage Folders’ file heading. In this folder you may find the e-mail you expected to receive.
- The problem can’t be traced to anything above: If this is the case, please call a Luggage Free representative toll-free at 800.361.6871 or +212.453.1579 internaionally for assistance.
- Does this really work?
- Are there any size or weight restrictions?
We are happy to accept bags of any size or weight. In fact, with many airlines imposing fees on large and heavy bags, many travelers can enjoy the Luggage Free service for almost the same price as an airline overage fee.
- What paperwork needs to be completed for customs?
Luggage Free service is designed to make your trip as simple as possible. Take the guesswork out of completing customs paperwork when traveling abroad. Let our experts complete your customs forms on your behalf. All we need is a copy of your passport, your flight itinerary and a brief list of the contents of your shipment. You can send this to us by email or fax. We take care of the rest.
- How soon before my trip do I need to contact you?
You can contact us the same business day (excludes Saturday and Sunday) in most major US cities. We can be at your home or office within six hours. If you don’t live in a major city, we can still pick up your things with as little as 24 working hours’ notice for orders placed during the work week. For international travel we need two business days’ notice before your scheduled retrieval. Like to plan? We also take reservations up to nine months in advance.
- Do I have to box my items or do anything else special?
If you have a bike, golf bag or skis, here’s what to do before traveling:
- Bikes need to be in an appropriate bike container or box.
- Golf bags must be in an airline compatible case or coverage
- Skis must be in an appropriate ski container, along with boots and bindings.
Otherwise, simply have your items ready as if you were carrying them to the airport yourself. Luggage Free will take care of the rest.
- Where does Luggage Free pick up and ship?
Luggage Free picks up and delivers anywhere in the U.S., including Alaska and Hawaii. We also ship to and from Canada and over 150 other countries worldwide.
- Does Luggage Free do anything to keep my shipped luggage from being damaged during shipment?
Luggage Free is the only firm in the industry that offers an optional luggage wrapping service at pick up for most shipments.
- What time will Luggage Free pick up luggage?
Whenever you want. We don’t think it’s much of a service if we’re making you wait around for hours for a retrieval. We allow you to specify the pickup time. We can pick up in as little as a one-hour window to account for traffic.
- What can I ship with Luggage Free?
Just about anything! Ship baggage, golf clubs, skis, bikes, cribs, strollers and all kinds of bulky items. We also take care of portfolios, presentations and trade show materials.
- How will I know the status of my shipment?
Luggage Free tracks shipments for you and notifies you of arrival, by the method of your choice: email, fax or phone.
- How can I reach you and what are you hours of operation?
Luggage Free staff are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. You can reach us at any time at +212.453.1579 or toll free at 800.361.6871. You can also e-mail us at Sales@luggagefree.com.
- Are there any restricted items I cannot send?
No restricted commodities are permitted in your shipment. This includes:
- Alcoholic beverages, medicinal or toilet articles including aerosols such as hair sprays, perfumes, colognes, and medicines containing alcohol.
- Consumer electronic devices containing lithium or lithium ion cells or batteries (e.g., calculators, cell phones, laptop computers, etc.)
- Perishables, including food, foodstuffs, and beverages requiring refrigeration or other environmental controls, plants, pharmaceuticals. Tobacco, cigarettes, tobacco products. Anything you would not carry or check on a passenger plane. This includes, but is not limited to explosives, fireworks and ammunition.
Certain countries have restrictions to what items are allowed through customs. Please contact a Luggage Free representative to find out if there are any specific restrictions that apply to your international shipment.
- How long will it take my luggage to get to its destination?
Shipping time will vary depending on the service that fits your schedule best.
- Domestic shipments within the United States: Service ranges from five-business-day ground shipment to next-morning delivery.
- Alaska or Hawaii: three business days.
- International service varies from one to seven business days, depending on the country of origin and its destination.
- Do you deliver to cruise ships?
Yes. We deliver to most major cruise lines, as well as to hotels, villas, second homes, and offices. Please contact us at +212.453.1579 or toll free at 800.361.6871 to learn more.
- How do I arrange for Luggage Free to pick up my bags?
Just call Luggage Free at +212.453.1579 or toll free at 800-361-6871 24 hours a day, or go directly to the order page now.
- What if I don’t know the weight of my shipment?
That’s okay. We have your shipment weighed by an FAA governed third party. They provide us with audited weight reports, which we use to calculate your bill.
- What guarantees do I have?
We schedule your shipment to arrive before you do, so that you can board your plane knowing that your luggage is awaiting your arrival . We track each shipment daily which allows us to promptly handle any issues that could cause a delay. On-time luggage delivery is guaranteed.
- Can Luggage Free help me with shipping luggage internationally?
Shipping luggage internationally without Luggage Free can be a huge hassle. Our international luggage shipping service is fast and easy. We’ll even pick up your bags for $50 if the retrieval is within 40 miles of a major airport. Get more information on international baggage delivery.