LUGGAGE FREE, INC.
Last Revised: May 23, 2018
1. How this Policy applies;
2. What information we collect from you during registration;
3. What “cookies” are and how they are used;
4. How we use the personally identifiable information we collect;
5. Information we collect related to Site usage;
6. European Union Users;
7. How we may share information we collect;
8. Information for younger visitors and their parents;
9. How you may opt out of receiving certain e-mails;
10. Disclosure of information on public areas of the Site;
11. The security measures we put in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information we obtain;
12. Information concerning links to other website and services;
13. How information is retained in our systems;
14. Information concerning deletion of your account;
15. How data is transferred to and from our systems;
16. Your rights and how we provide access to your information;
17. How you receive notifications from us;
19. To whom you can direct further questions.
1. How this Policy applies:
2. The information we collect from you during registration:
When you place an order, we collect your name, street address, phone number, credit card number, and e-mail address. We also collect non-personally identifiable information (that is, information that does not identify a specific individual), such as certain demographic information. We collect such non-personally identifiable information in part through the use of “cookies”. By default your profile is private.
3. What are “cookies” and how are they used:
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer’s hard drive when you visit the Site. Collecting this information helps us streamline your experience on the Site – for example, by remembering who you are or “automatically” filling out forms for you. Most web browsers provide information on how you can elect not to allow cookies to be collected. [In order to use many features on the Site, however, you must enable your browser to collect cookies.]
- to enable us to provide you with our services;
- to secure and protect our services;
- to create and administer your account and contact you;
- to customize various aspects of the Site to your preferences;
- to track and analyze use of the Services so that we can improve how Luggage Free is performing;
- to send you information, and other materials you have agreed to secure and that we feel may be of interest to you (you may “opt out” of receiving these materials, as provided below); and
- as may be necessary to support the operation of the Site.
5. Information we collect related to Site usage:
When you use the Site, we may collect and store information about your mobile device or computer and your activities. This information is never shared publicly. This information includes:
- Your mobile device’s ID numbers;
- Your mobile device’s geographic location;
- Your computer’s IP address;
- Technical information about your computer or mobile device (such as type of device, web browser or operating system) to analyze trends, administer the Site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information;
- Your preferences and settings (time zone, language, privacy preferences, product preferences, etc.);
- The URL of the last web page you visited before coming to the Site;
- The buttons, controls and ads you clicked on (if any);
- Web beacons to help us personalize our products and content for you, particularly for email communications; and
- How long you used the Site and what features you used.
6. European Union Users:
Data protection law in Europe requires a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining personal information from citizens or residents of the European Economic Area. Our lawful bases include:
Servicing: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data deliver our Service
Legal compliance: Sometimes the law says we need to collect and use your data. For example, tax laws require us to retain records of payments made through our Services.
Legitimate interests: This is a technical term in data protection law which essentially means we have a good and fair reason to use your data and we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and that does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we use identity, device, and location information to prevent fraud and abuse and to keep the Services secure. We may also send you promotional communications about our Services, subject to your right to control whether we do so. We analyze how users interact with our Site so we can understand better what elements of the design are working well and which are not working so well. This allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we offer all our users.
7. How we may share the information we collect:
We may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect Luggage Free’s Services (like when we partner with payment processors, or use services that help us manage our ads on other sites). When we share data with third-party services that support our delivery of Luggage Free’s Services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do. We may also share information that’s aggregated and anonymized in a way that it doesn’t directly identify you.
We may share all of the type of information we collect with vendors who provide services to us (e.g. analytics providers, security and technology providers).
We allow analytics companies to use tracking technologies to collect information about our users’ computers or mobile devices and their online activities. These companies analyze this information to help us understand how our Site is being used.
Mobile Device IDs:
In order to recognize you, store your preferences, and track your use of the Site, we may store your mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to your device by the manufacturer and the advertiser identifier). Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted.
We may publicly disclose aggregated information about our users, such as total number of our users and they overall demographics.
We may disclose any information: in response to a legal request, such as a subpoena, court order, or government demand; to investigate or report illegal activity; or to enforce our rights or defend claims.
8. Information for younger visitors and their parents:
The Site is not directed toward children (individuals under thirteen years of age). We do not permit use of the Site by anyone under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children. In particular, if you are under 13 years of age, you should exit the Site and you should not provide any personally identifiable information to any site on the Internet without the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian.
9. How you may opt out of receiving certain e-mails:
10. Disclosure of information on public areas of the Site”
Soon we will give you the option to create an account on our site. When/if you do so, the username you select or are provided with in order to participate in certain public areas of the Site (your “Handle”) will be deemed non-personally identifiable information. Your Handle may be published on the Site and may be disclosed to others, including, without limitation, to the public at large, and to any third parties with whom we elect to share such information. In addition, if you include your name or any other personally identifiable information in any material transmitted or posted on public areas of the Site (chat boards, review boards, etc.), such information will be published on the Site and will be disclosed to other users of the Site and to other third parties who may have access to or otherwise see a display of such information. You hereby release, hold harmless and waive any claims against us relating to such disclosure, sharing, or publication.
11. The security measures we put in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information we obtain:
We take security seriously, and the security of your personal data is important to us. We follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and maintain, including using advanced firewall, password protection systems, and Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt information as it travels over the internet. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so Luggage Free cannot guarantee its absolute security. In addition, e-mail that you send us is not necessarily secure against interception. We have an Incident Response Team (IRT) and protocol in place in the event of a data breach. We encourage the responsible disclosure of vulnerabilities of our Services by emailing Ross@LuggageFree.com.
12. Information concerning links to other website and services:
13. How information is retained in our systems:
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the Services or as otherwise set forth in this Policy. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect Luggage Free’s legal rights. We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or pseudonymized information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our Site, improve our Services or comply with legal obligations.
14. Information concerning deletion of your account:
You can delete your online account at any time. Deleting your account won’t automatically make some content you’ve already posted go away. We may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes. All provisions of this agreement survive termination of an account, including our rights regarding any content you’ve already submitted to the Site.
15. How data is transferred to and from our systems:
16. Your rights and how we provide access to your information:
Users residing in certain countries, including the EU, are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights include the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of your personal information. While these rights are not applicable globally, all Luggage Free users can manage their personal information. To modify or delete the personal information you’ve provided to us, please e-mail us at Sales@luggagefree.com. We may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
17. How you receive notifications from us:
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt in to any marketing communications we send. You may also elect to receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time by adjusting your notifications settings. We’ll also send you service-related announcements when it’s necessary to do so.
19. To whom you can direct further questions: